Essentials of Raw Vegan Cuisine5 Days $1625
Essentials offers the unique opportunity to work hands-on with some of the world’s most outstanding raw food chefs and teachers. The course provides you with ample personal attention and assistance with individual goals. Become confident with knife skills and familiar with kitchen equipment and time-saving gadgets of all kinds. This five-day hands-on course expands on Fundamentals of Raw Living Foods™ and Cutting-Edge Kitchen Skills and provides the foundation necessary to attend our Essentials of Raw Vegan Cuisine. Learn how to develop recipes; combine herbs and spices to create both classic and ethnic flavors without using recipes; balance textures and flavors within individual recipes or across entire menus; sprout grains, seeds, and legumes; make luscious meals; combine foods for optimum digestion and nutrition; create raw versions of cooked food recipes; organize and manage a raw food kitchen, and much more!
What You Will Learn:
- Essential techniques for healthy meal preparation
- Setting-up and managing your raw food kitchen
- Using basic equipment common in a raw food kitchen (food processors, blenders, spiralizer, spirooli, juicers and dehydrators, including proper temperature settings for different applications)
- Basic knife technique—which knives are used for which tasks (i.e. chopping, dicing, mincing, julienning, chiffonade)
- Basic measures and equivalents (i.e. teaspoons to tablespoons, ounces to cups, quarts to gallons, etc.)
- How to follow recipes and convert cooked recipes to raw recipes
- Hands-on experience in making fresh garden soups, sauces, salad dressings, salads, simple entrees, wraps and rolls, pâtés, crackers and desserts
- Understanding flavor dynamics
- Effective menu planning
- Organic vegan product spotlight
Tuition includes breakfast smoothies and lunch as well as course materials; however, recommended texts and supplies are not included. During this hands-on course, you will need a chef coat, chef hat, and a set of knives (a chef knife and paring knife at the minimum). We recommend additional chef coats, an apron, and a safety glove.