Carrot Top Pesto
Chef James Sant
1 cup walnut pieces or pine nuts
4-6 cloves garlic
4 cups carrot tops, washed well & towel-dried
3-6 basil leaves (optional)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon light miso
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.Add your walnuts and garlic to a food processor pulse to break down and combine. It should be a crumble texture.
- Add the carrot tops, basil, lemon juice, miso, and salt. Pulse just until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor and return the lid.
- Process while slowly drizzling in olive oil to desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust salt and garlic if desired.
Storage: The Carrot-Top Pesto will keep up to 2 weeks stored in a lidded jar in your refrigerator. Float a few tablespoons of olive oil across the top before storing to prevent oxidation and elongate the shelf life.