Makes 1 round 9-inch spring form pan (serves 8 -12)
1 cup raisins
1 cup almonds, soaked and dehydrated
1 cup walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
⅓ cup coconut sugar, powdered in a food grinder
½ cup coconut oil, warmed to liquid
3 tablespoons lemon juice, room temperature
1 tablespoon cinnamon
6 large peaches or nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced in half moon slices
2 plums, pitted and sliced into half moon slices
1. To make the cake layer: Put the raisins, and almonds in a food processor and process until well ground. Add the walnuts, salt, vanilla extract, and process again. Do not over process. The mixture should be slightly grainy and beginning to stick together.
2. Whisk together the powdered coconut sugar, liquefied coconut oil, lemon juice and cinnamon to form a smooth paste.
3. To assemble the dessert: Evenly place half (about 1 cup) of the cake mixture on the bottom of the pan and distribute evenly. This should not be pressed too firmly, as it will become too thin and crust-like. The desired texture is slightly crumbly.
4. Divide the sliced peaches or nectarines into 2 equal portions, keeping the most attractive slices for the top layer. Place the other half for the bottom layer evenly over the crumble cake with the skin facing outward as you layer (this way the presentation is nice when you unclip the springform pan). Brush a third of the cinnamon glaze over the top of the fruit. (see Note)
5. Evenly sprinkle the other half of the cake crumble on top of the peach or nectarine layer and press to form a second cake layer.
6. Place half of the reserved slices over the top and brush with a half of the remaining glaze.
7. For the final layer: Place the remaining slices in an attractive pattern and carefully brush with the remaining glaze (the sliced plums for a variation in color).
Storage Suggestion: Stored in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator, torte will keep for 4 days.
Note : If the glaze becomes firm, place the mixture in a jar and put it in a warm water bath or dehydrator.