Vegan and Raw Nutrition Level 1™2 Days $390
This two-day course provides a broad and comprehensive understanding of plant-based nutrition that is fundamental to creating an optimal raw food diet. The material is suitable for raw foods enthusiasts who are fine-tuning their diets as well as for those who are simply increasing their intake of raw plant foods. It is an excellent course for those who want a science-based foundation in nutrition.
In this workshop, you will be learning formula-based recipes and the concepts that support them. Our focus for the week will be integrating what you learn from your culinary experience and extending it to our gardens and greenhouses. Students will learn how to prepare foods that are vibrant and vital with the local bounty here on the beautiful Mendocino Coast. We will focus on what each season has to offer and let the garden guide our creativity.
Our recipes will focus on vegan, gluten-free, minimally processed, fermented, vibrant, conscientious, seasonal and local ingredients. This course will also include working with design elements to create a final dish or plate that is aesthetically pleasing.
We will answer questions such as:
- Can we survive and thrive, nutritionally, on a raw and vegan diet?
- What are the various types of raw food diets? Are some better than others?
- How will we get enough protein?
- Does a plant-based diet provide every one of the essential amino acids?
- How can we meet our recommended intake of iron and avoid anemia?
- Can raw food diets supply sufficient calcium and vitamin D for optimal bone health?
- Does a plant-based diet supply sufficient iodine, zinc, and other trace minerals?
- What are some of the benefits of raw food diets, and what are the nutritional challenges?
- How can all the information about 13 vitamins, 16 minerals, protein, fats, and carbohydrate be assembled into a single food guide for optimal health?
Prerequisite or equivalent:
This course is recommended before Vegan and Raw Nutrition Level 2™ and Vegan and Raw Nutrition Level 3™.
Becoming Vegan: Comprehensive Edition for this course and is fully referenced and written in a way that is reader-friendly and appealing for nutrition enthusiasts.