FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods
In this entry-level class, you will discover the magic of creating fabulous organic raw vegan cuisine for optimum health and rejuvenation! Dozens of superb culinary presentations will show you everything you need to know to create a wide variety of delicious, easy-to-prepare raw recipes. You will sample freshly made raw taste sensations, including appetizers, fruit smoothies, soups, sauces, salads and salad dressings, simple entrées, patés, wraps and rolls, nut milks, nondairy cheeses, crunchy crackers, dehydrated goodies, and amazing desserts. You will learn sprouting techniques and how to use the equipment and supplies for a raw kitchen. Even if you are an expert professional chef, you will encounter a whole new world of food preparation skills that are specific to raw cuisine. FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods is your first step toward a new culinary awakening!
Class Schedule and Tuition
Please refer to our schedule of raw foods classes and workshops.
Living Light Center, Fort Bragg, CA and various locations around the country.
Length of Class
One-day basic course.
All levels of expertise from novice to professional are welcome. There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is a prerequisite for Raw Culinary Arts Associate Chef and Instructor Training™ series, Advanced Raw Culinary Arts Instructor Certification™ series, Gourmet Raw Food Chef™ series, and Raw Culinary Arts Professional Chef™ series.
What You Will Learn
- Soaking, sprouting, and basic kitchen gardening
- Making rejuvelac, veggie krauts, and other fermented foods
- Making nut milks, creams, and luscious raw non-dairy cheeses
- Introduction to the basic equipment and supplies used in a raw food kitchen food processors, juicers, dehydrators, and the use of other important culinary equipment
- Introduction to basic knife skills
- Basic fruit smoothies and soups, sauces, salad dressings, salads, simple entrees, wraps and rolls, patés, and easy desserts
This class is observation only - no hands-on workshops.
A full buffet lunch of organic raw vegan foods will be provided as well as samples of most of the foods prepared. Tuition includes all course materials with the exception of the required text, Angel Foods.
Books may be purchased at the Living Light Marketplace upon your arrival, or you may purchase them online ahead of your series start date.
This class is also offered in various locations.
Connect With Us