Essentials of Raw Culinary Arts
This five-day hands-on course expands on FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods and provides the foundation necessary to attend our Associate Chef and Instructor Training. Essentials offers the unique opportunity to work hands-on with some of the world's most outstanding raw food chefs and teachers and provides you with ample personal attention and assistance with your individual goals. You will become confident with your knife technique and familiar with kitchen equipment and time-saving gadgets of all kinds. You will learn how to develop recipes; combine herbs and spices to create both classic and ethnic flavors without using recipes; balance textures and flavors within individual recipes or across entire menus; sprout grains, seeds, and legumes; make luscious meals; create raw versions of cooked food recipes; organize and manage a raw food kitchen, and much more!
Class Schedule and Tuition
Please refer to our schedule of raw foods classes and workshops.
Living Light Center, Fort Bragg, CA.
Length of Class
FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods is a prerequisite to this entry-level chef course and may be attended either separately or concurrently with it.
This course is one of the required courses for Raw Culinary Arts Associate Chef and Instructor Training™ series, Advanced Raw Culinary Arts Instructor Certification™ series, Gourmet Raw Food Chef™ series, and Raw Culinary Arts Professional Chef™ series.
What You Will Learn
- Essential techniques for healthy meal preparation
- Setting-up and managing your raw food kitchen
- Using basic equipment common in a raw food kitchen (food processors, juicers, and dehydrators, including proper temperature settings for different applications)
- Basic knife technique -- which knives are used for which tasks (i.e. chopping, dicing, mincing, julienning, chiffonade)
- Basic measures and equivalents (i.e. teaspoons to tablespoons, ounces to cups, quarts to gallons, etc.)
- How to follow recipes and convert cooked recipes to raw recipes
- Hands-on experience in making fruit smoothies and fresh garden soups, sauces, salad dressings, salads, simple entrees, wraps and rolls, patés, crackers, and desserts
- Understanding flavor dynamics
- Effective menu planning
- Basic raw nutritional science, food combining, and healthy living principles
Tuition includes course materials. During this hands-on course, you will need a chef coat, chef hat, a safety glove, and a set of knives (a Chef knife and paring knife at the minimum). We recommend additional chef coats and an apron. As in FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods™ you will need the required text, Angel Foods, as well as required text, The Raw Food Revolution Diet: Feast, Lose Weight, Gain Energy, Feel Younger!
These items may be purchased at the Living Light Marketplace upon your arrival or you can shop online ahead of your series start date.
Connect With Us