The Raw Culinary Arts Professional Chef Certification™ is awarded to individuals who demonstrate creativity, expertise and experience in every aspect of raw culinary arts, including kitchen management, food design, recipe and menu development, large event catering, pastry arts, and raw nutritional science.
This comprehensive training program is designed for and available to graduates of the Gourmet Raw Food Chef and Pastry Arts—Unbaked!™ programs. Separate application is required. Space in this program is limited.
Once admitted to the program, students are also required to complete all remaining certifications available through Living Light Culinary Institute. Students may schedule a leave of absence* from the program to complete additional courses with the Culinary Programs Manager’s approval.
The one-year professional chef training program is comprised of four quarters:
1. Kitchen Introduction and Integration
2. Sous Chef
3. Pastry Chef
4. Kitchen Management
Upon completion of the four quarters, a comprehensive written and practical examination will follow. Each quarter has prerequisite course completion requirements with some courses which can be taken upon completing the four quarters but must be completed prior to taking the final examinations (see pages 20–21 in the course catalog).
Once completed, you may apply for this program while you are simultaneously taking the additional required courses. Program is taught at the Living Light Culinary Institute in Fort Bragg, California, and can be completed in approximately one year and three months. It includes the following courses:
- FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods™
- Sharpen Up Your Knife Skills!™
- Essentials of Raw Culinary Arts™
- Science of Raw Food Nutrition™ I
- Raw Culinary Arts Associate Chef and Instructor Training™
- Food Styling
- Pastry Arts—Unbaked!™
- Ethnic Flavors in Recipe Development™
- RawFusion Gourmet Spa Cuisine™
- Raw Event Catering and Elegant Entertaining™
- Science of Raw Food Nutrition™ II
- Benefits of Raw Food Nutrition Educator Certification™
- Science of Raw Food Nutrition™ III
- Advanced Raw Food Nutrition Educator Certification™
- Raw Culinary Arts Associate Chef and Instructor Training™ Level II
- Raw Culinary Arts Professional Chef™ Training Program (2,000 hours over one year)
If you are interested in this program, please email us to request more information on this highly competitive and comprehensive training program.
Certification Programs Chart
Click on the chart to see a larger version (pdf).
Would you like more information about becoming a Living Light Student? Contact an enrollment advisor today: call (800) 816-2319 or (707) 964-2420, Skype, or Email...they would love to help you! You can also click here to schedule a personalized phone or Skype consultation at your convenience.