These kits give you all the support, tools, and resources needed to market and implement prosperous raw culinary arts classes!
Take the guesswork out of getting started and use these kits to launch your career. These kits, available exclusively to Living Light Raw Culinary Arts Associate Chef and Instructor Training™ graduates, will support you in generating income from teaching within weeks of leaving the school. Living Light instructor Jennifer Cornbleet in association with director Cherie Soria designed these turnkey kits.
A note from Jennifer:
When I started teaching, I worked 80 hours a week for 2 years in order to make enough income to make a living, because I had to plan my classes, fill them, and teach them. Then after a couple of years, it got easier, because I had refined several tried and true people-pleasing classes that I could teach again and again. After Cherie Soria saw several of the classes I was teaching, she suggested that we make them into turnkey kits for our graduates. We've been offering the Instructor Empowerment Kit program to students for several years now, and it's helped hundreds of our graduates make a living teaching raw foods.
I know first hand that it can be a struggle to start a new business, and it's been fulfilling to be able to use my organizational gifts to help take away much of that struggle. The kits are designed to save you all the hundreds of planning hours so you can get out there and teach right away!
Offered here is a series of eleven kits to support your culinary career.
The Forget Cooking! Kit is a complete lesson plan for a basic raw food class that will prepare you to teach more advanced, gourmet classes. It is also the perfect entry-level class that you'll want to teach again and again to bring in new students.
The Marketing Kit, created to maximize your self-promotion, includes all support materials for a 1-1/2 hour "Why Raw? Talk," which will entice both the curious and skeptical to learn more about raw food cuisine. This kit also includes ready-to-use proposal letters to use with marketing directors and the media.
The remaining nine kits are based on specific themes: All-American Comfort Foods, Asian Fusion, Breakfast and Brunch, Divine Desserts, Flavors of the Mediterranean, Holiday Favorites, Latin American Fiesta, Light & Healthy Living Foods, and Raw Italy. The variety of these courses appeal to just about everyone looking for a healthy, raw alternative to their everyday favorites.
To purchase these kits, you must be a certified Living Light Culinary Institute Raw Culinary Arts Associate Chef and Instructor, Advanced Raw Culinary Arts Instructor, Gourmet Raw Food Chef, or Raw Culinary Arts Professional Chef graduate. Kits are available during Associate Chef and Instructor Training sessions.
If you're a graduate, click here to advertise your Raw Empowerment Workshops with us!
Raw Culinary Arts Kit Classes
Kit #1 - Forget Cooking!
All support materials for a three-hour Forget Cooking! class, including instructor materials and student materials. Recipes include Almond Milk, Cream of Zucchini Soup, Mediterranean Kale Salad, Not Tuna Paté, Zucchini Noodles Marinara, and Chocolate Mousse.
- How To Use This Starter Kit
- Class Flyer & Description
- Class Schedule
- Demo and Information Cards
- Equipment List
- Shopping List
- Advance Preparation Chart
- Classroom Set-Up Instructions
- Assistant Job Descriptions
- Forget Cooking! Menu
- Forget Cooking! Recipes
- Forget Cooking! Class Handouts
- Forget Cooking! Class Evaluation
Other Available Kits
All support materials for a three-hour class, including Instructor Materials and Student Materials.
- All-American Comfort Foods
- Asian Fusion
- Breakfast and Brunch
- Divine Desserts
- Flavors of the Mediterranean
- Holiday Favorites
- Latin American Fiesta
- Light & Healthy Living Foods
- Raw Italy
Kit #2 - Skyrocket Your Client Base! Marketing
All support materials for a 1 ½ hour Why Raw? talk, and the following five show-stopping demos: Mediterranean Kale, Garden Blend Soup, Zucchini Noodles Marinara, Chocolate Mousse Tart, and Flourless Chocolate Cake. Includes Marketing Tools, Why Raw? Talk Materials, and Raw Food Demo Materials.
- Monthly Marketing Checklist
- Raw Food Events Sign-in Sheet
- Raw Food Lecture, Demos, and Classes Proposal
- Guest Speaker Proposal
- Newspaper or Magazine Article Proposal
- TV Spot Proposal
- Class Welcome Letter
- Thank You Letter to the Host
- Thank You Letter to the Students
Why Raw? Talk Materials
- Why Raw? Flyer
- Why Raw? Talk Description
- Why Raw? Instructor Notes
- Why Raw? Study Video
- Why Raw? Powerpoint Presentation
- Why Raw? Student Outline
- Why Raw? Resources
- Why Raw? Frequently Asked Questions
Culinary Demo Materials
- Master Equipment List for Raw Food Demos
- Demo Flyers
- Demo Recipe Handouts
- Demo Cards
- Demo Prep Sheets
*Why Raw Foods? Talk covers the effects of cooking on different nutrients, the raw food groups, food combining for better digestion, how to maintain your ideal weight, how to adapt to the raw food diet, and how to make raw food preparation quick and easy.
Kit #3 - All-American Comfort Foods
The Raw Diet doesn't have to mean living on salads, energy soups, and fruit. The comfort food fare in this class will satisfy even the heartiest appetite.
In All-American Comfort Foods you will learn:
- How to make creamy non-dairy shakes.
- How to use cashews to replace sour cream in dips and dressings.
- How to use a dehydrator to make burgers out of sunflower seeds and veggies--serve with all the fixin's on a lettuce leaf bun for lunch or dinner.
- How to make healthy, low-fat onion rings that taste even better than the traditional deep fried snack.
- How shredding and marinating collards and other dark leafy greens makes them as tender as cooked, without loss of nutrients.
- How to make a classic Southern peach cobbler in less than 30 minutes.
Menu: Old-fashioned Chocolate Milkshake, Vegetable Platter with Mock Sour Cream and Chive Dip, Garden Burgers with BBQ Sauce, Coleslaw, Crispy Onion Rings, Southern Greens, Peach Cobbler.
Kit #4 - Asian Fusion
Everyone loves to eat with their hands and to take food "to go"-which explains the popularity of finger foods such as sandwiches. But the typical sandwich is high in carbs and can leave you feeling weighed down. Asian wraps, such as spring rolls and nori rolls, are the solution to energizing food on the go. Pair these wraps with other delicious entrées, sides, and dessert for an over-the-top pan-Asian feast!
In Asian Fusion you will learn:
- How to roll picture-perfect vegetarian sushi and spring rolls.
- How to use fresh, young coconuts to make homemade Thai coconut soup.
- How to make a vegetable teriyaki that tastes just like the traditional versionwithout heated oil, MSG, or white sugar.
- How to make a light, colorful, and refreshing tropical fruit sundaethe perfect finale for any Asian-themed meal.
Menu: Vietnamese Salad Rolls with Mock Peanut Sauce, California Rolls, Sunomono (Japanese Cucumber Salad), Mango Avocado Salad, Tom Kha (Thai Coconut Soup), Vegetable Teriyaki, Mango Ice Cream with Tropical Ambrosia
Kit #5 - Breakfast and Brunch
Breakfast is the most important meal to eat healthfully, since a heavy meal at this time of day can be difficult to digest and slow you down. The menu for this class has something for everyone-juices and smoothies for maximum vitality or weight loss, people-pleasing granola and oatmeal, and decadent crepes and cinnamon rolls.
In Breakfast and Brunch you will learn:
- How juicing is the most efficient way to get all the greens you need each day.
- How to your 5-a-day servings of fruits and vegetables in one 5-minute smoothie.
- How to make low-carb granola out of nuts and seeds in 5 minutes.
- How to make dairy-free nut and seed milks.
- How to soak whole oat groats to make a raw oatmeal that tastes better than cooked.
- How to make wheat-free crepes with a sweet fruit filling-perfect for brunch.
- How to use leftover almond meal to replace flour in decadent gooey cinnamon rolls.
Menu: Green Vitality Juice, Berry Green Smoothie, Granola with Almond Milk, Old-fashioned Oatmeal, Tropical Fruit Crepes, Cinnamon Rolls
Kit #6 - Divine Desserts
Raw desserts are ideal for anyone who loves sweets but is trying to avoid refined carbohydrates and sugars, dairy products, and unhealthful fats. Any dessert you can make cooked-pies, tarts, crisps, ice creams, cookies, cakes, and candies-you can make raw. But your family and friends will never know these desserts are raw and healthy, since they taste as rich and sweet as their traditional counterparts.
In Divine Desserts you will learn:
- How to make easy no-roll, no-bake pie crusts, tart shells, and crisp toppings.
- How to use coconut oil to replace butter in chocolate truffles.
- How to make foolproof dairy-free ice cream
- How to make a gourmet chocolate cake in 10 minutes flat.
Menu: Kiwi Lime Tart, Chocolate Hazelnut Cake with Fudge Frosting, Turtle Truffles, Lemon Cranberry Cookies, Blackberry Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
Kit #7 - Flavors of the Mediterranean
Middle Eastern restaurants are always a hit, and with good reason-aromatic herbs, warming spices, and pungent flavors such as olives and feta cheese make this cuisine both exotic and comforting. Now you can enjoy all your favorites, even hummus and felafel, in the raw. In Flavors of the Mediterranean you will learn:
- How to make a delicious vegan Caesar salad-almonds and pine nuts replace egg yolks and cheese, and nori seaweed replaces anchovies.
- How to make no-bean hummus that tastes just like the traditional version.
- How to use a dehydrator to make savory felafel patties-no frying needed.
- How to make wheat-free tabouli.
- How to roll picture-perfect dolmas-with a zucchini "rice" filling and aromatic marinara sauce.
Menu: Hummus, Felafel with Tahina Sauce, Tabouli, Greek Salad, Carrots with Moroccan Spices, Dolmas with Middle Eastern Marinara, Apple Baklava
Kit #8 - Holiday Favorites
You don't have to deprive yourself of foods you love to look and feel great this holiday season. In this class, you will discover how to make a raw feast that features everyone's favorites, from stuffing to pumpkin pie.
In Holiday Favorites you will learn:
- How to make rich and creamy nog without dairy or eggs.
- How Almond Mayonnaise can replace unhealthful bottled mayo in Waldorf salad and other favorite dishes.
- How use a dehydrator to make delicious low-carb stuffing with almonds instead of bread.
- How to make two raw vegetable side dishes that you can proudly present at any holiday party.
- How to make a show-stopping "I can't believe it's not cooked!" mock pumpkin pie.
Menu: Holiday Nog, Waldorf Salad, Almond Stuffing, Cranberry-orange Relish, Christmas Kale, Green Beans Amandine, Pumpkin Pie with Cashew Cream
Kit #9 - Latin American Fiesta
Mexican food is what many people crave when they want something hearty, cheesy, and comforting. And who doesn't love to munch on chips and salsa in front of a video? Unfortunately, traditional Mexican cuisine is notorious for being high in calories, greasy, and short on fresh veggies. But once you learn the raw food preparation techniques in this class, you'll be able to make a truly healthy as well as delicious Latin American Fiesta for yourself and your friends.
In Latin American Fiesta you will learn:
- How to use a dehydrator to make thin, crispy chips out of flax seeds and vegetables--perfect with guacamole.
- Which knife skills to use to dice up delicious homemade salsa.
- How to use a dehydrator to make flexible wraps out of vegetables--the perfect tortilla for enchiladas.
- How to use soaked wild rice to replace cooked white rice for a delicious, "I can't believe it's not cooked!" Mexican side dish.
- How to make a beautiful mango fruit tart with a coconut crust--delicious either as a dessert or as a light meal in itself.
Menu: Hot Red Pepper Chips, Salsa, Authentic Guacamole, Enchiladas de Verdura con Chili Colorado, Mexican Seasoned Cabbage, Tropical Fruit Tart
Kit #10 - Light & Healthy Living Foods
The Living Foods Diet, pioneered by Dr. Ann Wigmore, is a healing diet ideal for recovering from illness, losing weight, building immunity, aiding digestion, and maximizing health and vitality.
In Light & Healthy Living Foods you will learn:
- How to make fermented foods such as Sauerkraut, and Coconut Yogurt, which aid digestion and build the immune system.
- How to grow sprouts, wheatgrass, and sunflower greens--living foods rich in enzymes, protein, and nutrients.
- How to make a complete-meal blended energy soup--great for cleansing and rejuvenation.
- How to make non-dairy cheese.
Menu: Green Leafy Sprouts, Wheatgrass and Sunflower Greens, Sprout Salad with Tomato Basil Dressing, Energy Soup, Herbed Almond Cheese Spread, Sauerkraut, Coconut Yogurt with fresh berries
Kit #11 - Raw Italy
Everyone loves Italian food, but traditional dishes are heavy in wheat and cheese. With Raw Italy, simple substitutions allow you to enjoy this classic cuisine.
In Raw Italy you will learn:
- How to make a delicious vegan Caesar salad--almonds and pine nuts replace egg yolks and cheese, and nori seaweed replaces anchovies.
- How to make hearty and hot winter soup in the raw.
- How to make zucchini fettuccini in minutes, and top it with a variety of delicious sauces.
- How to make dairy- and wheat-free lasagna that's as comforting and delicious as the traditional version.
- How to make non-dairy ice creams that are rich and creamy.
Menu: Caesar Salad with Pine Nut Parmesan, Minestrone, Fettuccini al Pesto, Lasagna, Walnut Gelato with Carob Glaze