Student’s Right to Cancel
1. You have the right to cancel your agreement for a program of instruction, without any penalty or obligations, through attendance at the first class session or the seventh calendar day after enrollment, whichever is later. After the end of the cancellation period, you also have the right to stop school at any time; and you have the right to receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled days in your program through the last day of attendance.
2. Cancellation may occur when the student provides a written notice of cancellation at the following address: Living Light Culinary Institute, 301-B North Main Street, Fort Bragg, CA 94537. This can be done by mail or by hand delivery.
3. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with proper postage.
4. The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that the student no longer wishes to be bound by the Enrollment Agreement.
5. If the Enrollment Agreement is cancelled the school will refund the student any money he/she paid, less any proration if cancelled after the cancellation period has ended, less a registration or administration fee not to exceed $250.00, and less any deduction for equipment not returned in good condition, within 45 days after the notice of cancellation is received.
Withdrawal from the Program
You may withdraw from the school at any time after the cancellation period (described above) and receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled days in your program through the last day of attendance. The refund will be less a registration or administration fee not to exceed $250.00, and less any deduction for equipment not returned in good condition, within 45 days of withdrawal. If the student has completed more than 60% of the period of attendance for which the student was charged, the tuition is considered earned and the student will receive no refund.
For the purpose of determining a refund under this section, a student shall be deemed to have withdrawn from a program of instruction when any of the following occurs:
The student notifies the institution of the student’s withdrawal or as of the date of the student’s withdrawal, whichever is later.
The institution terminates the student’s enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress; failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution; absences in excess of maximum set forth by the institution; and/or failure to meet financial obligations to the School.
For the purpose of determining the amount of the refund, the date of the student’s withdrawal shall be deemed the last date of recorded attendance. The amount owed equals the daily charge for the program (total institutional charge, minus non-refundable fees, divided by the number of days in the program), multiplied by the number of days scheduled to attend, prior to withdrawal. If the student has completed more than 60% of the period of attendance for which the student was charged, the tuition is considered earned and the student will receive no refund.
Note: If the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.
Inn and Avocational Classes Cancellation Policy
Click here for cancellation terms and conditions for Living Light Inn and Living Light avocational courses (offsite FUNdamentals™, Sharpen Up Your Knife Skills™ and Science of Raw Food Nutrition™ classes.