Author: Living Light Culinary Institute
Recipe Type: Salads
Cuisine: Raw Vegan
- 1 cup orange juice (see note)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup flax oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 pound green beans, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 pound sliced crimini mushrooms (about 8)
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 zucchini, ½-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 leek, thinly sliced
- Combine the orange juice, lemon juice, oils, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, garlic, and mustard powder in a small bowl and stir well.
- Toss the vegetables with the marinade.
- Put the vegetable and marinade mixture into a ½-gallon glass jar, and seal. Allow the mixture to marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Alternatively, put the jars in a dehydrator and warm for 4-6 hours at 105 degrees, which helps the vegetables to soften more quickly and to absorb the flavors of the marinade.
- Serve chilled, at room temperature, or warm, with the marinade the side.
- Store an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Orange juice adds sweetness to the marinade. For a less-sweet taste, reduce the amount of orange juice to suit your taste.