- Do I have to eat 100% raw to take Living Light classes?
No. Many of our participants do not eat all raw food. We support everyone, wherever they are on their dietary path.
- Do I have to complete my certification all in one visit, or can I do it in segments?
All our training series are designed to be taken either in segments or all at once.
- How much culinary skill do I need?
We accept people with all levels of experience, from novice to professional.
- How much time is spent in the classroom?
Most classes begin at 8 AM and end after dinner, although some evenings are spent doing homework. We have 1 1/2 - 2 hour lunch breaks and most weekends off.
- Am I required to take the prerequisites?
Yes. Even if you are experienced in raw food preparation, you are required to start with FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods before going on to Essentials of Raw Culinary Arts, and then Associate Chef Training.
- Do you offer online courses?
Yes. We offer three prerequisite courses online: FUNdamentals of Raw Living Foods, Sharpen Up Your Knife Skills & Essentials of Raw Living Foods. Taking these courses online can fulfill your prerequisite requirements, but does not apply to certifications.
- Do you have a place for me to stay while I am attending class?
Yes. Students stay at our historic, eco-friendly Inn, within walking distance to the school. Our Enrollment Advisor can make your reservation and secure your student discount for lodging.
- Do I need a car while I am attending?
No. Just about everything you need to access is within walking distance. We also shuttle service from the airport.
- Is there transportation to your campus from the airport?
Yes. There are several transportation options including our private shuttle.
Click here for more information.
- Will I have any days off?
Yes. How many days you have off depends on which courses you are taking.
Click here for our schedule.
- Can I bring my family?
Many people come with their families, who enjoy the beautiful coast of Mendocino while a family member is in the classroom.
- Do you offer meals while I am in class?
Yes. During culinary classes, breakfast and lunch will be provided. During nutrition courses, meal plans are available for purchase.
- What certifications do you offer?
Associate Chef & Instructor; Pastry Arts-Unbaked; Gourmet Raw Food Chef and Raw Vegan Nutrition Educator. For more information visit this link: http://rawfoodchef.com/culinary-programs/our-culinary-curriculum/
- Where are you located?
On the beautiful Mendocino Coast of northern California, within walking distance to the Pacific Ocean. We are approximately 160 miles and 3.5 hours north of San Francisco airport.
- How do I contact an Enrollment Advisor?
You may call our office at 707-964-2420; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or submit this form and we'll get right back to you.