- Do I have to eat 100% raw to take Living Light classes?
No. Many of our participants do not eat all raw food. We support everyone, wherever they are on their dietary path.
- Can I get the full raw culinary experience in one visit?
All our training series are designed to be taken either in segments or all at once.
- How much culinary skill do I need?
We accept people with all levels of experience, from novice to professional.
- How much time is spent in the classroom?
Most classes begin at 9 AM and end after dinner, although some evenings are spent doing homework. We have 1 1/2 - 2 hour lunch breaks and most weekends off.
- Is there a sequence for how I should take these courses?
Yes. Even if you are experienced in raw food preparation, you will want to start with Fundamentals of Raw Living Foods and Sharpen Up your Knife Skills before going on to Essentials of Raw Vegan Cuisine, Intermediate Raw Vegan Cuisine and Recipe Development as well as Mastery of Raw Vegan Culinary and Presentation Skills. After that, you'll be fully prepared for the more advanced courses.
- Do you offer online courses?
Yes. We offer three introductory courses online: Fundamentals of Raw Living Foods, Sharpen Up Your Knife Skills & Essentials of Raw Living Foods.
- Do you have a place for me to stay while I am attending class?
Yes. Students stay at our historic, eco-friendly Inn, within walking distance to the school. Our Enrollment Advisor can make your reservation and secure your student discount for lodging.
- Do I need a car while I am attending?
No. Just about everything you need to access is within walking distance. We also shuttle service from the airport.
- Is there transportation to your campus from the airport?
Yes. There are several transportation options including our private shuttle.
Click here for more information.
- Can I bring my family?
Many people come with their families, who enjoy the beautiful coast of Mendocino while a family member is in the classroom.
- Do you offer meals while I am in class?
Yes. For all of our culinary classes, breakfast and lunch will be provided. For our nutrition courses, lunch and snacks are provided.
- Where are you located?
On the beautiful Mendocino Coast of northern California, within walking distance to the Pacific Ocean. We are approximately 160 miles and 3.5 hours north of San Francisco airport.
- How do I contact an Enrollment Advisor?
You may call our office at 707-964-2420; email email@example.com; or submit this form and we'll get right back to you.