Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Coulis
Yield: 6 servings
This is sure to tickle your Valentine's fancy!
2 avocados, peeled and seeded
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup evaporated cane juice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
1 pint of raspberries
- For the filling: Place the avocados, cocoa powder, evaporated cane juice, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor outfitted with the “S” blade, and process until completely smooth.
- To assemble: pour mousse into serving dishes and accent with berries.
- Chill at least 1 hour prior to serving.
2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (see note)
½ cup coconut nectar
- Put the raspberries and coconut nectar in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the blended mixture into a nut milk bag. Wearing gloves, gently squeeze the raspberry mixture, as the nut milk bag will capture the little seeds from the raspberries.
- Store the raspberry coulis in a sealed glass jar or squeeze bottle in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Note: If fresh raspberries are not available, use organic frozen raspberries that have been thawed and drained.