My Dad, My Hero: Fred Soria
Here is a list of Dadisms. Things he often told my sister and me.
1. Don't be a hypocrite. Stand for your beliefs.
2. The bigger mistake is that you didn't learn from your first mistake.
3. Always dress according to the occasion.
4. Stay away from crooks and thieves.
5. A nickel is a nickel.
6. When someone knows better, they do better.
7. Don't loan money unless you are prepared to never see it again.
8. Be kind to all animals.
9. Always do the right thing without expecting a thank you because the thank you may never come. What is more important is that you did the right thing.
10. Learn to cook. It is the most important skill.
11. Nothing can replace the truth.
12. There is nothing sweeter than the fruits from our own trees.
13. If you leave your spouse be sure it is for good reason.
14. You will see that I am right about this.
15. Credit cards are a trap.
16. Sewing and typing...they come in handy.
17. If I don't have cash to pay for it then I don't need it that badly.
18. Most bullies are full of hot air.
19. It’s always smart to buy a small, practical car that is good on gas and repairs.
20. True friendships endure all.
21. Education is freedom.
22. Respect people.
23. If you have time to do it over again, you have time to do it right the first time.
24. When your gas tank gets down to 1/4 of a tank, fill it up.
25. Bright colors are a luxury that even a poor man can afford.
26. The truth is always easier to remember.
27. Never leave home without a dime in your pocket for a phone call.
28. I raised you with a good foundation...now you are on your own.
29. Thanks for listening.