- As we come to the end of the first week of chef the students are a mix of emotions. They’ve been busy all week learning new recipes, working on demos to present next week, creating new recipes and absorbing information on how to create their own teaching business.
Today is one of the hardest days, but also one of the most fun! They get to see Jennifer Cornbleet in action, giving a Why Raw? talk to the public, then they'll enjoy a full brunch, including delicious scones. They'll watch some talks, get a tour of the Living Light kitchen, and an inside look at how to use the audio/visual equipment at Living Light. This is all to prepare them for next week when they become the teachers! Right now they are working on the pinnacle of the week, the student catered meal, which they'll serve tonight to 40+ guests. It’s very exciting but also a lot of information to absorb. I’m very proud of how hard they are working!
They are excited! About the new recipes they’ve developed this week!
- They are organized! For the catered meal tonight!
- They are happy! Because the sun is shining outside!
- They are nervous! About their demos next week (but they’re gonna be fine)!
- They are energized! By all of the great tips they received today on how to market themselves!
- They are ready! For the weekend, because they’ve worked SO hard this last week!